As soon as Bug was settled in the back of the car, we set out. On the entrance ramp to the interstate, Meg and I noticed a foul odor. Guess all those eggs for breakfast clashed with Bug's stomach. She gave us three or four really stinky bombs during the ride, but Meg and I just laughed and cracked the windows.
Meg brought an entire bookbag filled with stuff to eat and keep her occupied. She played games, looked at trucks, and occasionally fed Bug a marshmallow. (I'm sure these didn't help the gas situation...) We talked about lots of things and sang along to Victor Vito. It was good for the two of us to do something together for a change. She is such a daddy's girl, that I don't get much one-on-one time with her lately. She seemed to realize that what we were doing was important, and she was excited about that.
We reached Tifton by 1:30 and met Bryan, who owns two greys, and is deaf. I went along babbling and gesturing wildly (I'm sure he thought I was an idiot), and finally asked him for a piece of paper to write things down. He was super nice and Bug settled in nicely in the back of his car. We said our goodbyes and took our photo. We know Bug is on her way to a successful surgery and a forever home. That's what it's all about...
We grabbed a Starbucks for the ride home. Meg had a rice krispy treat that was the size of her head which she promptly polished off by the time we reached Cordele. We talked a little less on the way home - I think we were both tired. But it was a good day. I'm glad I got to spend it with my little girl and a dog.
3 comments:
What a great trip! Sounds like a wonderful mother-daughter trip!!! That's a great picture!
What a nice thing to do with Miss Meg. Love the "My Buds" pic.
I love your new blog! I will add it to my blog roll and keep up with your greyhound and family adventures. Be sure to post lots of photos of Amber Opal.
I'm so glad you were able to do this transport on Sunday. I knew you'd love it. It's a fantastic experience. They sure do love marshmallows don't they!
Post a Comment