Newt says I like him so much because he reminds me of my dad. True, I do associate JT with my dad, because he likes him as much as I do, and probably a little bit because they have the same haircut. JT has a little more fringe than my dad. :)
My dad used to play the guitar, too. And, I noticed last night that they share some of the same moves while playing. Dad reminders aside, I have to say that JT still has such an awesome stage presence. He's down to earth and quite humorous, and his show was so wonderful. He played several "money makers," as my friend, Amy, called them, and he brought out some covers and new songs, too. Honestly, he could sing the alphabet, and I'd think it was great.
Chastain was fun. We took a cooler that was entirely too large for the table space we had, but we worked around it. I think we've decided that we will just use the onsite caterer next time, and walk in with ourselves and a six-pack. :)
I don't know how old JT is or how many more tours he will do, but I know that I will pay whatever it takes to see him every time he comes to Atlanta. It's like my own little piece of immortality, a blip in my life that takes me back to days where life was not necessarily better, but definitely much simpler. And of course, JT will always remind me of my dad. :)
1 comment:
I too LOVE JT. I have more JT than any other artist. What I love best about him is that you can go and see one of his shows and feel like you're just watching him enjoy making music. Nothing fancy. Just him loving what he is doing. I so wanted to go to Chastain this year. We love seeing him there. He's fantastic in person. My sister is seeing him tomorrow night in Raleigh. Besides Sweet Baby James, I love the song Mona :)
Post a Comment