Miss Amber had toe surgery last week, and I have not had a chance to write about it until now. We thought that Amber's toe was broken as a result of a racing injury over five years ago. However, the vet suspected that she might have a tumor in the injured toe. So, reluctantly I decided that we would be better off removing the toe.
Surgery was scheduled for Tuesday morning. I dropped her off on my way to work, complete with a mat for her kennel to make her comfy, her muzzle, and her Thera-Paw boot. I tried not to cry when I left, but I know how risky anesthesia can be for a dog her age. We agreed to go ahead and do a dental cleaning on her, since she would already be asleep.
The doctor called me at 12:30 to let me know that everything was great. Amber's toe was not broken, but dislocated at a 90 degree angle! Ouch!! I don't know how she was walking around all this time without yelping. So, I felt good that we really did the best thing for her by removing that toe. She is already feeling so much better, and I can't wait until next week when we can remove the bandages for good!
2 comments:
I'm glad sweet Amber is feeling better. So sorry you had to go through that with her.
How is she doing with keeping her mouth off of it? Are the stitches healing? Any problems with keeping it clean and dry. That therapaw is fantastic for that. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment