16 October 2008

Two Years Ago Today...







I was in labor:) My little man decided to make an entrance into this world at 5:21 p.m. It was a beautiful Sunday - cool and clear. Our town had just celebrated it's 150th birthday on the day before, and Meg danced at the dedication of the historic Austin Theater that night. It was if her little brother knew that he needed to wait until all of that was over before showing up. The day he was born was one of calm for me. Since he was my second, I was a lot less hysterical and nervous. Newt went to the grocery store to stock up. Meg and I played. We walked the dogs up and down the driveway and hollered at Newt when a contraction came. After lunch, we decided to go to the hospital, and Russ was born at 5:21. He was 10 lbs.!!! The nurses had to fight with him to get a regular newborn t-shirt on him. Aunt Erin tells a great story about that!
So, he's two today. Sweet, opinionated sometimes, but totally wonderful.
Happy Birthday, Russ! Love you.

2 comments:

Heather said...

happy birthday russ. what a big handsome boy!

Amy said...

I must say that Russ looks like a little boy! It makes makes me really sad to think that is what Thatcher looks like to others.

My Buds

My Buds
Easter at Pineola