There are some things in life that you know are just too wonderful to ever hope to repeat. This morning, our first at the beach, Russ decided to wake up at six a.m. While I remember not being very happy about this, we got up and ate cereal, and I tried to entertain the little man while everyone else snoozed. When an hour had passed and no one seemed like they wanted to get up, Russ and I headed for the beach with a towel and a cup of coffee.
We took a little walk and Russ pointed at everything he saw. He put his arms out for me to hold him and I carried him back to our tents. We saw boats, birds, airplanes, a bunny in the dunes, and lots of shells. We pulled out two chairs and sat in the early morning sunlight. He carried on about all kinds of things. I responded, but mostly just listened. Russ has learned to say boat and bird really well. For a while, he just sat in my lap and watched the morning break in all its glory.
This is one of those times where I wish that I could bottle my heart and save it forever. I know that if I am lucky enough to visit heaven, this feeling will revisit me for eternity.
1 comment:
That is so sweet :) It made me cry...
Post a Comment