26 July 2008

A Foster, Finally


I am finally coming into the world of greyhound fostering. It's been my dream for a year now, and it is finally going to happen soon. Slick, an 11 year old black hound, is being rehomed due to his family's choice in flooring for their new house. Slick prefers carpet or "un-slick" floors. His owners will have all hardwoods in their new home, so Slick will be coming to live with us for a while. We are pleased to accept him into our little geriatric hound circle. Josephine (a mutt hound) just turned eleven this week, and Amber, our grey, is nearly 10.5. We love our seniors, and I think that Mr. Slick is just going to fit in like one of the family.
He is such a handsome guy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Look how HANDSOME!!!!! I cannot wait to meet him. I love his face.

Kristy said...

Amy-
He is a beautiful dog! It's funny that we were just talking about that Tuesday night and here he comes. Congratulations on your newest family member!

Maria Peters said...

Awwww! Slick looks so comfy. Your pictures are gorgeous. Thanks for opening your home to a senior.

My Buds

My Buds
Easter at Pineola