14 August 2008

Growing Up



It's official...my children are growing up, and that means that I am getting old. Today my firstborn, Meg, set off on a new adventure - kindergarten. We went to open house yesterday morning to meet her teachers and see her classroom. Both ladies are just wonderful, and we knew that Meg would be in good hands with them. My biggest concern was the fact that Meg knew not one person in her classroom except for her teachers. Now most people know that Meg is not really a shy person, but she will hang back if she is unsure of those around her, especially if it's EVERYONE around her. But, it turns out that I haven't given Meg enough credit. Newt took her to school this morning, and Meg went right in without a care in the world. She seemed at peace with the entire school process - a girl after my own heart. I am a big school nerd, after all! As Meg gets older and acts more like her daddy everyday, I am thrilled when I find out that some of my genetic material has actually surfaced in her. She will be a geek like me! :) But a cool geek, of course~
My stomach held butterflies all day, waiting until I could call Newt after school to see how her day went. Her Granddaddy picked her up from the bus with her aunt and uncle, and they set off to the DQ for a little celebratory ice cream. For Meg, it was the perfect ending to the perfect day. I hope she loves it as much tomorrow. TTFN...ta ta for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. She's a little grown-up. Real surprising that it made me cry! I had butterflies for you all day yesterday. I couldn't shake em until I talked to Newt last night and he said it went great! Love y'all!

Unknown said...

I know ya'll will love, love, love Jeanie as much as we do!!!

My Buds

My Buds
Easter at Pineola